Submit an article by E-Mail
Order a copy of What Every Great Teacher Knows
Return to the Dewey applications archive
Return to list of all titles available from Great Ideas in Education
Return to Great Ideas Home Page
How to Submit an Article to the Dewey Applications Archive
- Articles must illustrate one or more of the 18 Deweyan principles articulated by Gibboney and Webb. Please note in your cover letter (or e-mail) which principle you feel most applies to your story.
- Articles must be based on your personal experience as a student or a teacher.
- Tell your story clearly, briefly, and in the active voice.
- Articles must be submitted in electronic format. Our preference is that they be sent as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you prefer, you may send the article on a disk to Dewey Applications Archive, P.O. Box 328, Brandon, VT 05733-0328. Disks must be either IBM formatted or high density Mac. Please note which program you used to create the file.
Please submit the following information in your cover e-mail or cover letter:
- Your name and address
- A day or evening phone where we can reach you for verification or clarification
- Your e-mail address
- The Deweyan principle you are addressing
- The school described in your article (The school name will not be mentioned online unless you include it in the body of your article.)
- Within 24 hours of the receipt of your submission, we will provide acknowledgement of its receipt.
- The article will then be forwarded to an editor who, often in consultation with colleagues, will decide whether to accept the piece for online publication and what modifications, if any, will be required.
- Upon final approval, the article will be copyedited, rendered as an html file, and posted in the Dewey Archives.
- Authors (along with all others who have requested archive updates) will be notified when their article is posted on the Web. Authors will also receive the full html documents, including picture files, needed to post the article in their personal or school webspace.
Psychology Press/Holistic Education Press
Box 328, Brandon, VT 05733-0328